Thursday, July 7, 2011

Parenting

Ah the joys of parenting...in a D/s relationship no less...and where exactly are we supposed to find "mommy & daddy time?"

First, let me start by saying that being in a D/s relationship has had a very positive impact on our relationship with our son and our skills as parents. Not really very odd when you think about it.

Master often has me sit on the floor next to Him, wherever He is at in the house, and this puts me on Little Prince's level all the time. Now, instead of sitting at my desk chair or on the couch when we are relaxing, i'm on the floor and LP is usually in my lap or climbing on me like a jungle gym. i have more opportunities to tickle LP or work on identifying body parts or counting cause it's harder to ignore somebody who is completely on your level and in your face. And I sure don't mind :)

Not only that, but Master taking control of more things in our lives means He is being WAY more ascertive with our son. I don't have to remind Him to tell Little Prince "no more climbing the stairs" or when LP takes an attitude with me and i'm at my wits end, Master is right there now to jump in and put His foot down. Sometimes it still works the other way, LP still sees me more as his disciplinarian and will listen to me when he won't listen to anybody else.But it's nice to know that i don't have to be the one in charge of all of Little Prince's discipline and that Master is starting to understand more and more why those things are hard for/on me.

But....when i get up in the morning Master is just getting home and going to bed. Master sometimes gets up for lunch, which means He wants to take a nap when LP goes down for is afternoon nap. I have to go to the bedroom with Him and clean Him all up and sometimes this leads to further play, but usually just cuddle time or sharing time. Other days, if Master is not up by the time LP goes down for his afternoon nap, i have to wake Master up. This is usually fun and takes time to kiss Him awake and rub His body down; but He usually wakes up hungry and wants to get out of bed and He has to do inspection of my daily chores. Then, we have some sharing time, and then, guess what LP wakes up...and there goes all that "mommy and daddy" time i had hoped for. Oh well, Saturday is right around the corner and LP sleeps ALL NIGHT....and Master is home ALL NIGHT...hmmmm :) can't wait!

Oh, and that article i talked about in my last post...let me just say that Master read it, and it explained in so many ways some of the things that i've felt but have a really hard time expressing to Master. i think i will revist that article in a future post(s) and break it down a little, more than just refering to how great it was :)

No comments:

Post a Comment